[TenTec] Pegasus and Jupiter on a small lot

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus and Jupiter on a small lot
From: gary-jacek@telus.net (Gary Jacek)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:32:20 -0800
I have been contemplating the purchase of a Pegasus or Jupiter
rig.

I live on a small city lot and work most bands using a
horizontal loop
cut for 80 meters at a height of 15 feet.  The loop runs around
the
perimeter of my yard and is close to my house in many places.
For 14MHz and 21MHz, I have dipoles up on my roof.

I have heard that this may not be the best situation for
operating
a Pegasus/Jupiter, due to RF getting back into the rig during
transmit
and the antenna picking up RF from the Jupiter display during
receive.

Any comments?

Gary
VE7GGJ