[TenTec] OMNI-V v9 Memory bank

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-V v9 Memory bank
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 02:52:08 -0000
John,

That memory chip has a battery built right into the chip.
The Omni V battery has nothing to do with this.  The battery
inside the chip has a 10 year life.  When it goes bad, it is time to replace
the chip.  But the chips you bought a long time ago also have a battery
in them.  They have a 10 year life whether the chip is used or not.

You are correct about the similarity between the chip in the auto tuner
and the Omni V.  Maybe the chips you bought were made at a much
later date than the Omni V memory chip.  Anyway, it's not use
that messes up the chip, it is the internal chip battery shelf life.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC