[TenTec] Naive power supply question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Naive power supply question
From: ac5p@juno.com (Mike J Maloney)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:19:52 -0600
Hi Wes,
Good question!  I just bought an Omni 6+ with a 962 PS and notice same
thing.  Noticable heat with rig OFF.
I will try to remember to bring an amp transducer home from work tomorrow
that will read the input ac current accurately.  The supply doesnt make
it easy to meter the DC load amperes as it is hardwired to pigtail/plug
that goes direct into rig.   I will measure the input AC under different
load conditions and let you know.  I suspect supply not that efficient if
it generates heat with virtually no load?
73, Mike, ac5p