[TenTec] Orion vs. Jupiter Audio vs. DSP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion vs. Jupiter Audio vs. DSP
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 07:09:53 -0600
Jim brings up a very good point that most folks seem to overlook.

That is "............ design seems to "only" realize some 18 or maybe 19
bits of "effective" A/D conversion as just over 100 dB dynamic range is
suggested by Doug as what is being realized in tests.  Even if 32 bit A/D
chips were available,  it does not mean that that much resolution of the
analog conversion would occur. "

State-of-the-art 24-bit IF-DSP converters, such as those used in the Ten-Tec
Orion, produce about 100 dB of dynamic range.

73
Bob, K4TAX