[TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner
From: ascanand@harris.com (Scanandoah, Alan)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:32:24 -0500
John's got a good point here.

>From my experience with auto couplers, the circuitry that determines the VSWR
can be susceptible to stray RF during the tune cycle, which can be abundant due
to the opening/closing of relay contacts and the dance around the Smith Chart.
If the undesired RF in the box is at a high enough level, the sense circuit can
be fooled into believing that a good tune solution has been found.

I've never seen the internal coupler up-close and personal; is it in a shielded
enclosure?

Al, K2ZN