[TenTec] Omni V AGC Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V AGC Problem
From: adb1x1@yahoo.com (Anthony Bowyer)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 05:31:43 -0800 (PST)
  After having my Omni V on for several hours (15 or
so), I noted what seems to be a bit of a problem with
the AGC. There was a definite hiss increase that was
very noticably mixed with a CW signal I was listening
to. Turning the passband control more CCW, I could
hear quite a bit more hiss than normal. The S-meter
seemed to be functioning correctly and switching
between fast and slow AGC did have some effect, but it
seemed as if something in the AGC 'system' had too
much gain. Looking at the diagram, it seems to be a
fairly simple design, but I was wondering if anyone
has had a similar problem with an Omni V or VI (I
assume it has a similar AGC system) and  repaired it?
Maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any help!
Anthony

=====
NT4X