[TenTec] Omni V AGC Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V AGC Problem
From: jlockj@earthlink.net (John)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:29:11 -0600
Hi Anthony,

I noticed the same thing with my Omni VI a few years ago.  (My Omni V didn't
have the noise ramp-up problem)  It turned out to be the high level mixer
getting hot.  (VERY hot to the touch)  With the bottom cover off, it the
symptom never appeared.  If let the rig warm up with the cover on, then
removed it, and I "hit" the mixer with some cooling spray, the noise would
drop back down.  The easy fix is just to back off the RF gain to the 3 PM
position, or so.  (A better fix would be to put some ventilation holes in
the lower cover)

73,

John  W0DC