[TenTec] Model 238 tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 tuner
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:20:00 -0600
I have a 238 tuner that I use with several wire antennas, both balanced fed
and coax fed.  I use an Omni VI+ and a Paragon and run "legal limit" so to
speak with a amp.  Specifically the balanced fed antenna is a 256 ft center
fed wire that is used on 160M - 10M and the coax fed antenna is cut for the
upper end of 75M and is used on 75M as well as 20 M and 10 M.  At 1200+
watts of power with any of the antennas there is no evidence of heating or
SWR changing with the tuner.  No arcs no sparks.  The system works just
great and I'm able to get the SWR to 1:1 under all conditions, all
frequencies.  No RF in the shack and no TVI.

73
Bob, K4TAX