[TenTec] Model 238 tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 tuner
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:01:23 -0800 (PST)
Tim NZ7C asked: "Has anybody out there used a model
238 tuner with their Corsair II or Omni V,VI? I'd like
to hear any experiences with the tuner."

Fantastic tuner - I've got two.  Run 1.5kw 160M-10M
through it no problem.  ARRL tests have shown it to
have fairly low loss compared to other tuners.  You
will have to restring the dial cord every few years
unless you go for a 238A.

I removed the smoked plexiglass dial scale from the
238 and just use "post-it" adhesive backed paper to
make calibration marks.  No need to use pilot lamps
this way and the tuner looks pretty good naked.

73,
Barry N1EU