[TenTec] Help with CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Help with CW
From: maxmoon@umn.edu (Max Moon)
Date: Sat Jan 25 23:03:56 2003
Ronnie--
You've probably heard this already but the club, FISTS, is the place to go.
It's the "International Morse (Code) Preservation Society" and their motto
is "Accuracy Transcends Speed." They have a program called "Code Buddy." It
is exactly what you want. You'll get assigned to somebody who will work out
a sked with you & the two of you can take it from there. In addition, there
are all sorts of FISTS awards and programs so, rather than just calling CQ,
you can call CQ FISTS on any of their designated frequencies & have a QSO
with somebody who is supportive of people learning and using CW. Joining
costs something--maybe $15 a year, I can't remember--heck, I don't think you
can buy a key for $15 but they can help you learn to use one! They're at
http://www.fists.org/

Max, k0max