[TenTec] Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II
From: wmarvin@hickorytech.net (Bill KB9IV)
Date: Fri Jan 31 20:12:58 2003
Well I've been standing by watching the mail and I have a few observations
and comments. After trying out and owning
quite a few top notch rigs most of which were QST's top review in just of a
couple of years.  I  recently found a beautiful
Corsair II station complete......am I happy?....as ever!!  I find the CII to
be very warm and elegant. Performs pretty dam
well for a $500-600 market.....well see if the FT1000D's and the like when
they have a market in the same price if
they aren't picked apart in years to come, when new test parameters are had
and designs change.
I find test measurements make hams think they are getting something special,
can you say "Analysis Paralysis"? Read
the specs and subjectively believe it. I still love my old HQ150 but why do
I need test measurements to enjoy it for
what it is.....a receiver.
Everyone has their own like/dislikes, I don't base it on someone elses
testing.

73,

Bill  KB9IV