[TenTec] dealer networks: AES NO value added

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] dealer networks: AES NO value added
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 2 15:47:59 2003
As you say, this thread has gone on far too long. But unlike you, I will seek
out Philips when I decide to pop for a CD burner.

The reason's simple. Philips is protecting you the consumer, their dealer who
has no ability at all to take care of any problem you may have, and their
distributor who will inevetibly wind up as another unhappy person who is
stuck in the middle of a situation they didn't create.

It's the manufacturer's responsibility to take care of problems with their
products. Period.  It's not the consumers responsibility, it's not the
dealers responsibility, and it's not the importer's responsibility. It's the
makers, and he is responsible for making sure the customer is satisfied.
Getting all the people who don't know what they are doing or what factory
policy is saves time, trouble, and effort. And helps insure customer
satisfaction.

Sorry companies force their distributors and dealers to deal with problems
the best way they can. From any standpoint, that's not good.  That's why my
company's policy is simple and unequivocal.

Call my company direct on my nickel. If we can't solve your problem while you
are on the line we will send you another one and have that one picked up. All
on our nickel. All you have to do is put it back in the box and wait on the
driver. And you might be surprised to know how high a percentage of consumers
won't even do that much.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E