[TenTec] Omni VI 9MHz IF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI 9MHz IF
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Mon Feb 3 01:14:25 2003
On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 06:08 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> and consequently a similar lack in the responses, I still do not know
> whether the most available spaces is two total, or two optional filters
> for a total of three (counting the standard 2.4 kHz filter), not
> counting the 15 kHz two pole filter. If a total of three is available
> on a more recent 9 MHz mixer/IF board, how does the selection and
> indication of which filter is in use work? Push the button three times
> to scroll through all three possibilities and back to the beginning?
> How do you know which one of the narrow filter options is in use (other
> than by how it sounds, or remembering how many times you pushed the
> button) a two color LED perhaps?

The later version, option 3 upgrade to the OMNI VI, and the OMNI VI
plus, provides for a total of 3 filter possibilities, one stock standard
for SSB and two options (not including the FM roofing filter).  Your
OMNI VI is an older version, then, if you only have two slots, one for
the stock filter and one option (NAR button) in the 9 MHz IF.  The later
board provides two options, and a button is added to the front panel, N1
and N2 for that 9  MHz IF.  Then the 6.3 filter positions still include
a 1.8, 500 and 250 buttons for those slots.  Pushing the button toggles
on and off, so if you have the 1.8 pushed (LED on) and you want to go
back to 2.4 (or whatever filter you have in that stock position), you
merely push the button again.

Its a fine radio.

Clark
WA3JPG