[TenTec] Public Opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Public Opinion
From: res0wsci@verizon.net (WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK)
Date: Tue Feb 4 11:38:19 2003
It is my understanding that the hardware is done but that there are a few
performance issues with the software or firmware that is holding the Orions
up.  While it IS true that the rig can be updated via the Internet - - - I
am sure that Ten-Tec wants the Orion to meet, or exceed, expectations "right
out of the box".  IF, and I think that it is, true that the soft/firm ware
is the problem - - - I would like to think that the production department is
still growing new Orions so that they will be ready to go once the "other"
situation(s) is corrected.
I am in the same situation as you in that I have the funds reserved for my
Orion.  I am willing to wait ESPECIALLY if it means that the Orion will be
better.  73, Bill
PS: You waited this long - why not wait a bit longer? (I have and I will
because I think that it will be well worth the wait)

---