[TenTec] WTB: #260 PS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WTB: #260 PS
From: rfman@mindspring.com (Harry)
Date: Thu Feb 6 23:48:39 2003
I suspect that I have the wrong one but I'll offer anyway. The 260 PS came
in dark grey for the Corsair and light grey to match the Corsair II. I have
a Corsair II but ended up with a dark grey 260 PS. If you want the dark grey
one, I'll sell it to you as I'm using an Astron right now anyway. But like I
said, I suspect you are looking for the light grey version.

One other thing. I've been following some of your messages regarding your
Corsair purchase. One of the advantages of the Corsair over the modern Icom
stuff is the current draw. Because the Corsair does not have any logic or
solid state switches it uses a lot less current in normal operation. My
Corsair II uses less than an amp on receive and only about 15 amps on
transmit for 100 watts. My Icom 756 uses alot more.

I've recently went through the same withdrawal from the high tech Icom to
the low tech Corsair, and my IC 756 has been mostly dark since I picked up
the Corsair last summer. The AGC and the audio quality is definitly better
on the Icom but the noise or lack there off, is much better on the Corsair.
The Corsair has been a lot of fun for me too.

Let me know if you are interested in the dark grey 260.

73, Harry
NK9R
Marietta GA.