[TenTec] TenTec Manuals For Sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Manuals For Sale
From: talbot@kmr.ll.mit.edu (Talbot, George A.)
Date: Fri Feb 7 00:45:26 2003
Greg and Mark,

Quite right, the Paragon I 585 has a rather clunky, and slow (1200 Baud)
interface. There is no handshaking with the RS232 interface with the
Standard Firmware but the updated firmware by Jack Geihl, WB8BFS  commonly
known as "The Geihl Chip" returns an ASCII A after each query to the rig. I
use Ten Tec standards firmware. Win-EQF (http://www.eqf-software.com) does
have a logging product that interfaces quite nicely with the Paragon I. I
use it for logging and it works nicely, though does not do all the fancy
stuff that that a more modern rig will do from it's computer control. It
gets the Frequency and Mode loaded automatically into the log, and that is
what I was looking for! Works great with hunt and pounce in a contest, until
the pileup finds me!

Regards,

George V73GT