[TenTec] Omni-V QSK and key clicks

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-V QSK and key clicks
From: G3JAG@patents.freeserve.co.uk (G3JAG)
Date: Fri Feb 7 16:08:06 2003
It seems that key clicks from FT1K rigs are well-known. I understand that
there is a fix (see the W8JI website). TenTec keying is famous for being
smooth and click-free and I never had any complaints about key clicks from my
Omni-V even with the Herc II linear running flat out,  but I do seem to have
a local problem that I have no idea how to fix.

I get objectionable key clicks in my external speaker, or in the headphones (a
Telex headset) especially when I opt for full QSK. There seems to be almost
zero muting of the speaker/phones until after the rig keys up.  I accepted
this as being normal, until I found that the K2 has no such characteristic
and now it is driving me nuts  ... I seem to vaguely remember someone
mentioning this years ago and giving a fix. Can anyone point me to the info ?
Or do I need better earplugs ?
Thanks  John G3JAG