[TenTec] Whining and FS: Triton IV.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Whining and FS: Triton IV.
From: N4LQ@igLou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue Feb 11 19:24:50 2003
Oh...so you get the last word eh? You don't really believe that 50/50 stuff
do you? And now we have someone CLOSING THE TOPIC? I've on this list for a
number of years and never have I seen such a mess. Someone puts a FS: on it
and then we see all this "I'LL BUY IT", "DOES IT WORK"? "IS IT SOLD"? All
these personal messages.
Look guys. Since the List Admn. thinks this is how it should be, let's at
least try to cut and paste the correct address. Yes, I realize it's a lot of
trouble but I am finding myself having to read all this superfluous mail
just to figure out if it's public or private.

Now for the TenTec news:

I have for sale a Triton IV. It looks well used. Some scratches here and
there. I rebuilt the PTO so it's nice and smooth. It has no options. No cw
filter. It works and will probably keep on working long after I'm gone. I
cleaned and polished it up the best I could. This will make someone a fine
second rig or maybe a first rig for that new ham. Price is a paltry $175
plus shipping CONUS. You get a rig and nothing else....No manual, no
cables....nothing. Just a fine old Triton 540. The Triton is a very
complicated rig to load up. Fist you turn the knob to the lock position and
adjust the drive control until the red light comes on. Yes, it's even more
complicated than using this reflector.
If this doesn't work, I'll put it on Ebay and sell it for $900.
73
Whining in Ky.

Steve
N4LQ