[TenTec] RX-10

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX-10
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Mon Feb 17 12:42:18 2003
I don't believe the hum is caused by the filter caps in the power supply. It is
known as common mode hum and it's very common in direct conversion receivers,
such as the RX-10. I think the solution is to use battery power or wrap the
power supply leads around some ferrite toroids to create a choke.

As for the side panel, you may be able to take one off a new Ten-Tec enclosure.
Ten-Tec has several of these models on closeout sale now and you just might be
able to find one with the right size side panels.
73, Winston  K4CWQ