[TenTec] Bandscope for Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Bandscope for Omni VI+
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Tue Feb 25 12:09:05 2003
I've been doing some experimenting (i.e. playing) and I think I have
discovered that I can use my Icom 756 Pro as a bandscope display for my Omni
VI+.

I hooked up a patch cable between the serial port phone jack on the Omni VI+
and the remote jack on the 756 Pro. I set the Omni VI+ to Continuous Data
Echo and the 756 Pro to Transceive and set the same baud rate on both radios
(19200). When I tune either radio the other follows mode and frequency. So
once I modify the Omni VI+ to have a sub receiver jack and connect that to
the 756 Pro, I should be able to use the 756 Pro's spectrum scope and have
it track the tuning of the Omni VI+.

73,
Mark