[TenTec] TENTEC/VIBROPLEX PADDLE

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TENTEC/VIBROPLEX PADDLE
From: w4lt@mchsi.com (W4LT George Tonsmeire)
Date: Fri Feb 28 22:34:39 2003
> Better get the upgrade kit..  NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE ???

The difference in the "delux" and the standard is the jewel in the upper and
lower trunion pins that hold the lever bars - Look at the iambic on the
vibroplex site (vibroplex.com) and substitute part 4015 for 6030 and
substitute 1004 for 1003 and substitute 1002 for 1001 - I can't say if the
jewel makes it any better because the standard one seems fine to me and I
really can't tell the difference - Ten Tec had Vibroplex make the standard
Iambic Key on bases that Ten Tec painted the Ten Tec colors and with Ten Tec
Logo ID and Vibroplex made a special Ten Tec Number series TT for Ten Tec
and I for Iambic and the serial number 001-250. So the serial number of the
last one would be TT-I250. Vibroplex will change the trunion pins and screws
if you want to modify your key - Parts are about $30 and I don't know about
the labor. Plus there would be shipping. The key wouldn't then be
technically a Ten Tec but would be a modified Ten Tec. Collectors might want
to keep their keys "original" and hams who want to use their keys may or may
not be able to tell the difference.
The jewel is in the trunion and is not the red plastic thing that Vibroplex
calls a Red Decor. Top Pc. (8081). Be careful if you get the jewel that you
don't tighten the trun ion scres too much since you can actually crush the
jewel. It just needs to be snug. Hope this helps
George
W4LT