[TenTec] To Jody

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] To Jody
From: foncey@starband.net (Foncey)
Date: Wed Mar 5 11:49:48 2003
What I like about the Pegasus:  Very lightweight; takes up little room on the
bench; interface to computer easy to use and intuitive; hears wonderfully; can
type in frequencies, so much easier and faster to change frequency; ditto for
clicking onto a frequency stored in memory; with addition of a laptop, an
inverter, and a heavy duty battery, it  should be easy to have a portable
emergency station  (haven't tried that yet).  You don't need the remote tuning
knob; the interface is easier to use, IMHO.  I find using the mouse is much
easier on my arthritic hands that a regular front panel, too.  The point about
firing up a computer is valid, but I don't operate that much so it doesn't
bother me.  6 meters would be nice, but then I'd have to build a new antenna.
And whatever you decide on, TenTec has great service.  What you buy does boil
down to your own needs and opinions.  The other interfaces from private parties
are very nice, too, BTW.  Have fun.  Foncey N?FT