[TenTec] Omni VI Plus Filters needed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus Filters needed
From: K9RB@bellsouth.net (Roger Borowski)
Date: Wed Mar 5 12:55:47 2003
In the spirit of clarifying OMNI VI and filter differences Actually there
are three 9 MHz. filter positions in the model 564 Omni VI Plus. It has the
2.4KHz. filter supplied by the factory, which is a plug-in filter that CAN
be changed to either a 1.8KHz. filter OR a 2.8KHz. filter available from
International Radio. There are also two additional optional filter
positions, selectable by N-1 and N-2 on the front panel. Then there are the
three optional 6.3MHz. filters independently selectable by front panel
buttons, in additional to the standard factory supplied 2.4KHz. filter for
the 6.3MHz. IF., which also CAN be swapped for a 2.8KHz. International Radio
filter. So, in total, you CAN have SEVEN different IF filters, FOUR in the
6.3MHz. IF and THREE in the 9MHz. IF of which only TWO COME STANDARD and
they are BOTH 2.4KHz filters, factory supplied originally.
I hope this brings some clarity to the filter situation for an Omni VI Plus
model 564 as well as an Omni VI upgraded to ver 3. and then called an Omni
VI Plus, although it is still a model 563 without the plus's knob
positioning and plus badge on the front panel. Other Omni VI's model 563's
in their original form, as well as upgraded to ver.1 and ver.2 called Omni
VI Plus's have only two total 9 MHz. IF filter slots amongst other changes
from the model 564 true Omni VI Plus, which is the last and latest design
and the only true Plus from the factory.
An Omni VI upgraded to the ver.3 is said to be equivalent to an Omni VI Plus
except for age and cosmetic changes, although there are some irrelevent
component differences. Owner's of Omni VI's upgraded to Plus ver. 3's will
say that they are identical to true Omni VI Plus model 564's and for the
sake of saving an extended tread and bandwidth, they are, except as noted
above. I hope this makes it clearer than mud and not muddier than clear.
73, -=Rog-K9RB=-