[TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen, Esq.)
Date: Thu Mar 6 11:38:06 2003
> making radios that look, well 'sexy'. The Omni VI is a fantastic performer
> and has easy to use controls, but it doesn't look as nice as the Japanese
> radios.

To the contrary, I believe the Paragon & newer Omni series have more of a
professional look about them, rather than the "consumer
VCR" look of all the imports. My eyes find a change in panel contrast and color
to be appealing which is why I was hoping the Orion
would take on the cosmetics of their RX-340.  When I owned an FT-1000, I just
hated looking into a black hole.  The only redeeming
virtue of the FT's face plate was it's nice analog panel meter.

-Paul, W9AC