[TenTec] Omni V Audio improvement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Audio improvement
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen, Esq.)
Date: Sat Mar 8 14:26:58 2003
It's pretty hard to beat the Ten Tec 705 microphone for good fidelity and
simplicity.  If you want to step up to something of an even better quality,
you may want to consider their new Studio One mic or Heil's Goldline.

Since the Omni's transmit audio is pretty much limited to 2.4 khz on the
upper end of the audio spectrum, I would not recommend broadcast mics or
quasi-broadcast mics like the Heil Goldline Pro.

Another option in which the transmit bandwidth can be extended slightly is
to install INRAD's 2.8 kHz filter in place of the stock 2.4 kHz @ 9 MHz
filter.

-Paul, W9AC