[TenTec] 238A rotary switch knobs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238A rotary switch knobs
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Mon Mar 10 15:30:18 2003
I've not had any problems with my 238 tuner knobs but I have
had that problem with bandswitch knobs on various
transceivers.    So................when I get a new piece of Ten Tec
stuff, I immediately remove the bandswitch or other hi torque
knob, put it away for the next owner and replace it with a
Mouser stock number 5164-1510 0.750" inch knob or # 5164-
1500    1.130" dia. knob, whichever fits best.   Page 724 in the
current catalog.  Those are Davies hard bakelite type material
and have held up very well.   Look just fine too!

I think Ten Tec makes their own knobs.   I do agree that they
should do something to improve the quality of those things.

While I'm at it, I put a 1/4"  I.D.  1/2"  O.D.   0.062 thick
nylon flat washer under each knob between the knob and the
panel.   This prevents the knob from rubbing on the panel and
making a wear mark.  In the case of the Davies replacement
knob, two washwers are usually required.   The washers are
Mouser stock number 561-D2562  page 731.

--
73 de Lee,  WA3FIY

wa3fiy@radioadv.com