[TenTec] HELP!! Titan 425 Band switch flakey

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] HELP!! Titan 425 Band switch flakey
From: althofft@concentric.net (Tom A)
Date: Mon Mar 10 17:56:41 2003
I just jumped to 12M to work the VP6 (using 10M band position) and "THUNK"
the band swich now is acting like...well..no detent.  Or an offset detent.
I need to rock it back and forth between pressure points to center it on the
band lable on the front panel in order to get output.

I'm not familiar with the switch assembly (I have yet to open the amp
up)...but it "feels" like there might be a rear ball detent and a front ball
detent and the front one is missing...but that may not be what is going on.

Is there anyone familiar with the bandswitch construction on the 425 Titan?

Tom K2TA