[TenTec] Omni D agc mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D agc mods?
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Wed Mar 12 01:48:19 2003
Hi Tony -

I know there are some simple AGC mods for the thump, but I found that
they destroy the good QSK for CW.  Others may have a different
experience, see what responses you get.

The other thing, when you say WARC, note that on 17 meters the OMNI has
a noticeable tranmit spur on the "other side" of 18 MHz (the IF is at 9
MHz!)  I don't operate my OMNI C on 17 meters for that reason.

Great rig everywhere else!

Clark
WA3JPG