[TenTec] Airpax breaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Airpax breaker
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Wed Mar 12 09:34:10 2003
Very interesting Jerry. I so something similar here as I use an
Astron 35 amp ps and a rigrunner power distribution system.
I can then just plug-in whatever rig I choose.  Very convenient.
The rig runner holds the wide blade fuses for each circuit so that
takes care of the short circuit protection.   I use 15 amp fuses.
Never looked for 16's.

BUT........I still put a Airpax breaker in line with the otherwise
"current unlimited" rigs.   I am concerned about the I squared T
rating of the fuse vs the rating of the power transistors.   A condition
where we draw very high current will clear the fuse quickly and my
experience is the same as yours..........the fuse clears before the
A transistors.   :-)

But I wonder about the never never land where we are exceeding the
max current rating of the PA transistors but not so high to quickly blow the
fuse.   I guess I need to find the I square T curves and see what they say and
think
this through a little more.

73 de Lee  WA3FIY
wa3fiy@radioadv.com