[TenTec] Astatic D104 mic and Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Astatic D104 mic and Pegasus
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Wed Mar 12 09:33:54 2003
Yep, the D-104 looks like a real mic!   :-)    I use one here along with
a DM-50 and a home brew mic on my Ten Tecs with good success.

In the case of the D-104, you will need to use the preamp in the
stand.   I'm not familiar with that preamp as I built my own and put it
"in line" with the mic cable, but I imagine that the internal level
adjustment will allow you to reduce the mic output to zero or nearly
so.   If so, just turn it up until you get the desired ALC action and you
are good to go.

BTW, I have four  D-104 heads and every one of them sounds a little
different than the others.
 --

73 de Lee  WA3FIY
wa3fiy@radioadv.com