[TenTec] Argo V questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V questions
From: k9iua@yahoo.com (Kevin Anderson)
Date: Sun Mar 16 08:18:23 2003
Argo V users, some curiousity questions:

I notice from the pictures that there is only
one jack labeled key.  Given that there is keyer
software onboard, I have to assume this is a
stereo jack for a paddle.  How does one feed a
straight key or computer-keyed CW into this rig?
Special wiring of the plug with the Keyer circuit
turned off?  (I'm used to my Scout, which gives
me both kinds of key jacks.)

Also, I believe I recall Carl saying his software
can control this radio?  Is that so?  And if a
computer can indeed control the Argo V to some
level, then I would expect that one could put
together a numeric keypad with a PIC controller
to come up with a simple external direct frequency
entry capability. Possible?

Cheers/73,
Kevin, K9IUA
who someday would like to buy the Argo V...

=====