[TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun Mar 16 07:50:44 2003
Is this a computer users group or a Tentec users group?  With the new breed
of radios I believe that you'll agree,........ it's both.  We've read issues
here where a radio won't function after an attempted up-load of the software
or operating system.  Now, is that a computer problem, a radio problem or a
user problem?  Since the radio appeared to work before the up-load, then one
may presume that it's not a radio problem.  Thus it appears to be related to
perhaps a corrupt file being downloaded for latter up-load  or a user not
getting things properly configured for the up-load of the new system.

It's going be fun as we move more and more into this direction of software
defined radios.  I suggest that we start getting our computer skills in good
shape as we begin to see more and more of this configuration.

73
Bob, K4TAX