[TenTec] Contol of the Orion/340 System

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contol of the Orion/340 System
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri Apr 18 08:50:11 2003
>From what I could tell from reading the manual (downloaded - no Orion here)
about the RX ANT connection on the Orion is an input. Yes, I am wondering
about an output to support an external receiver. On the Omni V, the RX ANT
jack could be used either as an input for a receive antenna or as an output
for a second receiver. The design changed with the Omni VI, and, I assume
the Orion.

The muting of the RX340 on Pegasus transmit is pretty simple. The RX340 has
a mute input (on the DB15 audio connector). You simple connect the TX relay
output from the Pegasus to that input.

Mark