[TenTec] limited Orion reviews?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] limited Orion reviews?
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Fri Apr 18 21:51:31 2003
>Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the
>Orion is completely deaf when transmitting.  SO2R
>contest stations tune the bands on the second radio
>while transmitting on the main radio, and this can't
>be done with the Orion's subreceiver for example.

100% Correct ... recall that N9VV confirmed this
for us some time ago ... the Orion is not SO2R.

<and let me QUICKLY add, neither is any other rig
before the TT mojo artists fire up on this post ...>

AC5E is a good guy ... but he's still "in love" there
with the new gal <rig> and is temporarily blinded. B-)

Some say new love does that ... makes one blind at times.

73 Billy AA4NU