[TenTec] Orion T?R Question, prt 2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion T?R Question, prt 2
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 23:45:07 2003
Hi, Jim ..

At the risk of stating the obvious, I'd bet a phone call to Ten-Tec would get
you the answer you need.  If you don't have it by this weekend, I'd be happy to
put a scope on the Orion and measure the default delays for you.  I agree, it
would be nice if T-T had expressed the delay adjustments in ms rather that % --
or at least stated in the manual what 100% means to make things a bit easier.

Aside from inadvertantly sending RF to a QSK-5 without pulling the key line low
3 or 4 times over a 15 year period of using the Ameritron PIN switches, I've
never had a problem with one.  And after the most recent occurrance (right
after I got my Orion and neglected to turn the keying loop ON in the menus),
I've taken to keeping a small stock of suitable fuse lamps for the next time I
leave my brain behind :-)  The QSK-5PC in my AL-1200 has been working
flawlessly with the Orion's QSK keying loop.

Grant/NQ5T
nq5t@attbi.com