[TenTec] Orion T?R Question, prt 2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion T?R Question, prt 2
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed Apr 30 00:43:21 2003
Grant sent along,  in part:

> At the risk of stating the obvious, I'd bet a phone call to
> Ten-Tec would get  you the answer you need.

Will try that in the morning (HST, which means,  7 AM here
is 1 PM at TT,  hi).  Will call AFTER my second cup of coffee.

> Aside from inadvertantly sending RF to a QSK-5 without pulling
> the key line low  , I've  never had a problem with one.

The problem I "seem" to have is with the open frame relays.
On rcv,  the rcvr seems to go deaf!  Why?  I guess because
the contacts on those relays get gritty.  However,  the circuit
schematic provided with the -5 is impossible to follow!  Many
lines go out to terminate in hyrogliphics.  One might expect to
find the same symbol elsewhere on one of the diagrams to
determine where it connected!  However,  it is NOT possible, hi.

There seems no way to see where things are going in that thing
from the manual diagrams.  I would love to be able to continue to
use the -5 with the Orion,  if ony I knew how to reliably be sure
the -5 was operating properly!   Sort of frustrating!

73,  Jim  KH7M