[TenTec] Scout modifications

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout modifications
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben K8DIT)
Date: Thu May 1 23:44:58 2003
As a former chef I once took the oportunity to salt and pepper things 10-15%
more than usual once upon a time, in a land far far away.
I observed that the usual suspects would add the same amount of salt and
pepper prior to tasting things. I never got a complaint when I did that, but
I was just aching to get one so that I could point out their habit.
I suppose its the same with ham radio.
I use my Scout as it came and enjoy it thoroughly. My compliments to the
chef. Ive used my Scout to drive the 1208 transverter on 6 meters, which
requires decreased output to drive it. I use it both SSB and CW at 50W out
in my car, and used it to drive my Metron amp. All real good. I do use a
ClearSpeech DSP with it mobile, but that's a side dish. Use the Scout
without modification of any kind. It's a great radio. Got Scout?
It's what's for dinner.