[TenTec] Curious

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Curious
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com (ARDUJENSKI@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 7 09:01:00 2003
The SCOUT is set up for 600 OHM headsets. there are not mods and 600 ohm
headsets are not readily available except thru surplus. The SCOUT MANUAL only
talks about inserting a 4-8 ohm set mid way in. first off I would say most
Scout operators use headsets and secondly the screach from using the headsets
this way is almost deafening. I am curious if there was some plan metheod to
this madness. When contacting ten tec you get little or no advice, the web
offers little advice, and querries to the news groups you get at last a dozen
methods to come up with some sort of mathing circuit. My question is whay
make a vival circuit (headphone) so difficult to use and provide no guidance?
Or have I missed something along the way?

Alan KB7MBI