[TenTec] 60M

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 60M
From: kipg@yorkinternet.net (Kip Glunt)
Date: Fri May 16 13:41:37 2003
Thanks George!  Yeah, I get the picture now.  It's certainly going to be a
challenge!  I've been trying to figure how I'd come up with 50 watts erp using
a Carolina Windom and an Orion with a built-in tuner?  The manufacturer says
the Carolina Windom may have up to 10 db gain!  So, I'd need to drive it with
20 watts peak.  My best guess would be to find a reference, on the Orion power
setting or meter, running into a dummy load with a peak reading watt meter?
Maybe it's more trouble than it's worth?

... Kip, WB3AFL