[TenTec] The Orion Odyssey and Watch

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The Orion Odyssey and Watch
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri May 16 21:32:00 2003
It is here!!

Fed Ex truck drove up at 0056Z (2:56pm HST).

Now unpacked and ready for what comes next,  hi.  The
very fine shipping box was in great shape;  same for
the contents.

> Captain Midnigh't's secret decoder ring! Yep, had one of those.

Me to.

My bigger disappointment was my Jack Armstrong "magic
answer box"; a  small,  red box.  You pressed your thumb
firmly against the side after asking a question; a needle
deflected a bit to some sort of truth scale or some such.
But it really never told me any great truths of life!

> At least, we don't have to send our money in weeks or
> months in advance and  then wait for our toys to come
> Railway Express.

That's the way the EF Johnson Co. shipped my Viking II kit
many decades ago.  And yes,  I had to bicycle down to
the So. Pacific RR station at the Railway Express office
every afternoon after the So. Pacific Daylight steamed
through town.  The day the huge,  heavy box at last
came,  I had to get my Mom to drive to the station to
pick the thing up,  hi.  My dad had bought the kit as
a birthday gift for me (after much begging on my part).

Those were truly the days..........

73,  Jim  KH7M