[TenTec] IC-7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] IC-7800
From: nq5t@attbi.com (Grant Youngman)
Date: Sat May 17 12:53:42 2003
Can't we just get off this color thing?

It's a pointless discussion.  If someone wants to buy radio with color
then let them eat cake.  It won't hear better -- but if it floats your boat
then by all means go for the gusto.

The front panel shot of the 7800 -- including the screent -- reminds
me of the cover of the latest "Where's Waldo" book -- regardless of
the earlier weigh-in with Jack Nicolson quotes (saints preserve us!)

I suspect with the editions of PC software coming out in the not too
distant future for the Orion, you will be able to gratify your rods and
cones with color galore.

The whole discussion is a non-starter.  I hope Icom has made (will
make?) a good radio -- then there will be two.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go USE my Orion -- and not
waste time drooling over somebody elses glamour shot .... :-)

Grant/NQ5T