[TenTec] An Orion Oops??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] An Orion Oops??
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun May 18 20:10:28 2003
Carl, N4PY wrote:

> My accessory jack is an 8 pin also.  But the 5 pin plug
> does in fact plug into it.  Just line it up properly and it
> goes right in.

Yes...........!!

I was so busy counting pins with the flashlight,  I failed
to notice that I was 90 deg. out of phase when I did
try to insert the 5 pin plug into the 8 pin receptacle!

When properly lined up,  went right in.

Dr.  Jerry also suggested this solution.  Thanks much
to you both!!

Off to try digital while waiting to learn about LCW and UCW,  hi.
Didn't seem to matter to the other end of my few,  so far,
CW QSO's  so maybe it does not matter.

73,  Jim  KH7M