[TenTec] An Orion Oops??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] An Orion Oops??
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 18 21:40:35 2003
Jim, KH7M wrote:

"My Orion is S/N 10C10512,  and it definitely is equipped with a
different DIN socket than that described in the manual for the AUX I/O
and that of the DIN connector supplied cable."
----------
My new Orion is #10C10608.  I also has an 8-pin DIN socket for the AUX
I/O and the supplied cable is a 5-pin.  The manual that came with the
radio is the 3rd printing, dated 25 April 2003 and it still describes a
5-pin DIN receptacle on page 1-7 and shows a 5-pin connector in figure
2-25 on page 2-13.

I haven't tried, but it looks like the 5-pin plug will mate with the
8-pin socket if oriented correctly.

"When I push the TUNE button,  all does as it should;  BUT, upon
releasing the TUNE,  the rig goes "blank",  that is no rcv, Must turn the
power off, then back on,  and all is well again."
I haven't had this problem, perhaps because I loaded software v1.341 into
the radio before I did any transmitting.

73, de Earl, K6SE