[TenTec] Orions, IC-7800s...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orions, IC-7800s...
From: efricha@dimensional.com (Eric F. Richards)
Date: Wed May 21 21:51:26 2003
At 04:08 PM 5/21/2003 -0500, Art wrote:
>First, the IC-7800 is likely to be a beautiful rig, perfect for those who
>see more value in it than the cost (Thank you, Adam Smith).  Maybe it will
>even have the kind of "Love-it" performance that the 765 can still
>evoke.  Likewise, the Orion is a beautiful rig, and there are many who
>would buy an Orion before the 7800, even at the same price.  So this is
>not about defending one or pushing another.

Hear, hear.

I'm not interested in japan bashing or brand bashing or... bashing at all.
While T-T is the point of this mailing list, if they make a mistake or
if there is a problem with their latest, shouldn't it be discussed, calmly
and intelligently?  Likewise, if some other manufacturer makes a rig
that might outperform it (note the word "might"), should it be derided
as "Tokyo-by-night" or should lessons be learned from it?

I have 8 different receivers and expect to buy more.  Each has strengths
and weaknesses.  They come from Japan, the U. S., and Europe.  I do NOT
plan on taking a sledgehammer to all my Japanese equipment for some
pseudo-patriotic reason, sorry.

I'm here to learn, not to be subjected to vitriol.  Am I in the right
place?

--
Eric F. Richards
efricha@dimensional.com