[TenTec] Off center knobs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Off center knobs
From: info@immigration.nu (Paul Christensen, Esq.)
Date: Thu May 22 22:29:03 2003
> Dayton.  I'm darned if I could detect any issue with the tuning
> knobs.  Assuming these demo units go from show to show for a year or more,
> they probably get more abuse than in anyone's shack.

FWIW, tuning knob concentricity is no less of an issue with Yaesu.  I have a
shelf full of main tuning knobs for the FT-1000D.  Yaesu sent me multiple
knobs back in the early '90s in an attempt to find one that didn't wobble.
They were good enough to allow me to keep all the non-centered knobs and one
day I will use them for a high power antenna tuner project.

I will add that the new professional photos of the Orion look
gorgeous....much better than the previous amateur photos from past hamfests.

-Paul, W9AC