[TenTec] Virtual, Actual

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Virtual, Actual
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Fri May 23 00:03:03 2003
That's really too bad.

And speaking of geeks, I still carry a slide rule in my Palm Pilot enabled
briefcase. "3.2" is generally a more meaningful answer than 3.21423242325342,
especially when "2.1" and "9.6" are the numbers from which the calculation was
derived.  I hope you know why ... many people don't anymore, even some well
schooled young engineers I've run into -- and of course they don't have a clue
that a slide rule is anything more than an obscure antique, and couldn't take a
square root without a calculator if their life depended on it.  Technology has
made us smarter, and made us really stupid .. all at the same time.

Guess I'm just an analog guy ...

Grant