[TenTec] Virtual, Actual,Analog,Digital

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Virtual, Actual,Analog,Digital
From: w9oj@peoplepc.com (Mike Manship)
Date: Fri May 23 18:16:26 2003
> So using ham radio
>gear today is like being stuck using those digital
>slide rules and drafting tables for major design
>projects instead of highly integrated engineering
>software packages and CAD.
>
>There's nothing wrong with nostalgia in and of itself,
>just don't insist that all new products must still
>look, work and be the same as they have always been.

Hf SSB and CW operation is a nostaligic activity akin to horseback riding.
If amateurs were demanding "black box" compter operated
rigs then Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood would have already produced
one. The Kachina 505 is no longer around. The Pegasus is the
only "thinking outside the box" rig available. I do not want to be
forced to have a computer to operate my rigs. If this makes me
a backward thinking boob, then so be it.

73 de Mike W9OJ