[TenTec] Display fonts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Display fonts
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Fri May 23 13:51:45 2003
We are not looking at the same thing - what "fig. 2" are you
referring to?  I just reviewed all the pictures in our promotional
literature and all the display shots on our website at
www.tentec.com/TT565.htm and the owners manual.

What are you looking at?

The promotional pictures we shot of the radio have the sub
display on 14.021.630 - and yes, the font for the main and sub
freq display are different.  It was done that way because for
those size digits we felt each of those were the best font available
vs. size.   I thought you were referring to the fonts used for
BW, PBT, RIT, etc.on the front of the Orion screen.

Surprisingly (I guess....) no one ever pointed out that the main
and 'sub' frequency displays on the Jupiter are two different
fonts as well - on purpose.

Scott Robbins, W4PA

At 08:36 AM 5/23/03 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Scott,
>
>Yes, it's those digits. As one example, in fig 2. you
>can see that the number "1" has a base in the
>sub-display but not on the main display.
>
>The disparity of fonts and the placement and alignment
>of the various parts of the screen (ex. the dropped
>"4" in the "14.012.620" sub-display in fig. 2) give
>the display a feel which might be greatly improved
>without major effort.
>
>Hope this helps!
>73,
>
>Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
   Email:  New product sales/product info         sales@tentec.com
              Service department                         service@tentec.com
   While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
   the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
   more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!