[TenTec] 3 older ARRL Handbooks available

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 3 older ARRL Handbooks available
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 31 20:06:08 2003
Webster's Dictionary defines the word "inflation" as "An increase in the
currency in circulation resulting in a fall in its value and a rise in
prices."

Realizing at least since the beginning of written history that all
governments (including the USA) have grossly inflated their currencies,
there was no hesitation on my part when I made the decision to become an
ARRL Life Member many years ago.  My savings in doing so have been
enormous in terms of today's dollars.

This is akin to why people (especially when they're young) should never
hesitate when making the decision to take out a 30-year mortgage when
buying a house.  After all, the primary reason you want a long-term
mortgage is that you'll be paying it off in tommorow's cheaper dollars!!

Any ham who is not an ARRL LM should not hesitate to pay X20 today's
annual dues.  I have no doubt that you'll be $$$ ahead in less than 10
years.

73, de Earl, K6SE
Never a real estate agent, BTW,
but a proud ARRL Life Member.