[TenTec] Alignments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Alignments
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Thu Jun 5 22:58:17 2003
I still remember the Motorola hand microphones that were used in police cars
back in the 60's (and before) and into the 70's as well.  Those were all metal
and weighed quite a bit.  They also made good weapons!  I used to work at a
communications company that dealt with the police and fire departments.  I
remember seeing hair, and other "foreign" materials, stuck in the microphone
cases!  That had to leave a mark!!!   Needless to say - the radios attached to
those microphones weighed as much as some cars do now!  Police cars were not
big and powerful to catch anybody - - - they were big to accommodate the radios
and powerful so they could move despite the extra weight!!!
How many of you remember those Motorola HT-200s?  Those had a thick metal back
and, once again, they served double duty as a means of "calming" people who
thought about "resisting arrest with violence"  Ouch!!!

wa2pvk@msn.com

Please visit my home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/wa2pvk